Wildflower Dinner WA FAQs
Wildflower, Rooftop of COMO The Treasury, 1 Cathedral Avenue (access via hotel entrance), Perth.
The Wildflower Dinner is an event being run by the Snowdome Foundation with collaborative partners to raise $100,000+ to establish a Western Australian (WA) Lymphoma Centre of Research Excellence at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. This Lymphoma Centre of Excellence will be a world-class centre of research and innovation attracting the next generation of outstanding medical researchers to Western Australia.
Our mission is to accelerate next-generation treatments for Western Australian blood cancer patients to help them live longer, better lives. With your generous support and the hard work of leading WA doctors and philanthropists, we believe this is achievable.
The Snowdome Foundation and its collaborative partners, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Rachael Doherty Foundation, Linear, Lymphoma Australia, Como The Treasury and Wildflower, have partnered together to raise urgent funds to ‘make hope real’ for WA patients with blood cancers.
The Snowdome Foundation was established in Victoria in 2010 with a mission to accelerate new treatments to Australian blood cancer patients to help them live longer, better lives. In 2016, Snowdome was publicly recognised when in collaboration with Maddie Riewoldt’s Vision won the inaugural National Telstra Business Award in the Charity category. Snowdome is now extending its focus to include WA, supporting Perth-born, internationally recognised blood cancer specialist, Dr Chan Cheah.
To find out more about the Snowdome Foundation, its purpose and why your support is needed, please click on the links below: Snowdome Foundation
100% of the profits raised by at the Wildflower Dinner will support establishing the WA Lymphoma Centre of Excellence led by Dr Chan Cheah.
Dr Cheah is the leader of the lymphoma team at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) and will leverage his strong relationships with major cancer research centres in Melbourne (Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre) and the United States (MD Andersen Cancer Centre). Combined with the excellent facilities and support at SCGH, there is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to establish a Centre of Excellence for blood cancer research in WA, and make important clinical trials available to patients in Western Australia.
For West Australian patients with blood cancers, availability of clinical trials has lagged behind other areas in Australia. As a consequence, historically many patients have had to travel to Melbourne or Sydney to access novel therapies. Lymphoma research in WA has now reached a critical tipping point, with the potential to dramatically increase clinical research activity and improve out-comes for patients. The catalyst for this transition will be the appointment of key personnel such as Clinical Trials Nurses, Clinical Fellows, Data Managers and a Bioinfomatician to assist in the rapid expansion of clinical trials on offer and promote investigator initiated research.
The benefits for Western Australian blood cancer patients and clinicians will be substantial, as it will:
- allow for clinical trials for breakthrough innovative therapies to be conducted in Western Australia, with West Australian patients;
- attract and retain the best doctors and blood cancer researchers to fight cancer and treat West Australians; and
- benefit humanity by accelerating research into a cure for all blood cancers. There are no known health preventative factors, so medical research is critical to finding a cure for blood cancer. Blood cancer research learnings can also assist other cancer types.
how do I get there?
Valet parking is off Cathedral Avenue, conveniently located in front of COMO The Treasury (see map).
Parking is easily available nearby the venue at:
- The Council House Car Park located on St Georges Terrace underneath Council House. Open until 1:00am.
- Kings Complex Car Park located just off Pier Street. Open 24 hours/7 days.
- City of Perth Pier Street Car Park located on Pier Street one block north of Cathedral Square. Open until midnight.
- Wilson Parking located on Pier Street directly east of Cathedral Square. Open until 10:00pm.
There are a large number of bus stops on St George’s Terrace within 2 minutes of COMO The Treasury.
Both the Elizabeth Quay and Perth underground train stations are within a 10 minute walk of COMO The Treasury.
At the conclusion of the event, the event team can call a taxi to take you home. Please see volunteers at the exit.
ticket and table sales
The dinner at Wildflower is now sold out.
No, tickets to the Wildflower Dinner are not tax deductible donations.
We suggest you provide your guest names. The main reason for providing the names is to ensure guests feel welcome upon arrival. Many guests enjoy (& prefer) being able to see their name and table number on arrival to know where they are seated. Please send your guests’ names to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, we can contact you after your purchase your tickets.
Please note, we will not keep any details of your guests nor contact them unless requested by them personally.
at the event
All guests will be treated to an exclusive, glittering evening. The evening will commence with pre-dinner drinks and canapés in the Postal Hall. We have invited photographers to capture this high profile social event.
Next will be a sit-down three-course dinner with matched Western Australian wines. All food and alcohol has been generously donated.
We don’t want to pre-empt all of our surprises but we do have a few special guests lined up including Rick Ardon, talented news presenter on Seven News in Perth, as our entertaining MC. You will be one of only 80 people to meet our talented team of blood cancer researchers including Snowdome Foundation Director and Co-Founder and internationally recognised haematologist, Professor H. Miles Prince as well as a panel of guest speakers. You will also meet the 2018 WA Young Cancer Researcher of the Year Dr Chan Cheah, and hear of his passion to establish the WA Lymphoma Centre of Research Excellence.
We also have some musical performances as well as some priceless auction items that have been generously donated.
You will leave the night truly understanding who and what your generous donations will support.
The dress code for the evening is cocktail.
Our generous sponsors and partners have donated a number of ‘money can’t buy’ experiences, which will all be sold to the highest bidder by our auctioneer, James Paxton during the live auction.
- Click here for terms and conditions of the auction.
Guests can bid on amazing items such as:
- 4 night stay for 2 people at El Questro Homestead in the Kimberleys in a Cliffside Room. Includes a private helicopter trip to Miri Miri falls and a horse riding tour. Begins in Kununurra – valued at $15,000. https://www.elquestro.com.au/stay/the-homestead
- Swan River Seaplane Margaret River Retreat for 10 people. Includes Seaplane from Perth City to Margaret River, 2 nights accommodation at the Pullman Bunker Bay Resort, all transfers, wine tour and tasting. Includes flights and accommodation for 10 people – valued at $19,000. https://swanriverseaplanes.com.au/tours/margaret-river-retreat/
- Helicopter flight over Margaret River and personalised wine tasting experience with Brian Fletcher at Rosabrook winery for 4 people
- Package from Wildflower and COMO The Treasury including 1 night accommodation at COMO The Treasury and a helicopter flight to Millbrook for lunch
- 6 x Category 2 reserved and under-cover seats to the Fremantle v St Kilda game on Saturday 12 May plus a signed Fremantle jumper.
- Designed piece of amethyst jewellery
- Mungrup Stud 6 nights accommodation for 4 and golf at Albany
- Click here for terms and conditions of the auction.
Chair: Graham Laitt Members: Andree McIntyre, Angus Tandy, Chan Cheah, David Joske, Michela Fini, Sandy Anghie, Sandy Honey, Susi Doherty, Suzie Bratuskins, and Wiggy Saunders.
If you cannot attend the event but still want to help support this fantastic cause, you can donate at the website below:
Snowdome Foundation https://www.snowdome.org.au/donate/
Simply note that your donation is for the WA Lymphoma Centre for Research Excellence.
Major Event Partners include: