Imagine a fundraising event that you don’t need to leave the office for.
Imagine an event that unites Australian businesses.
Imagine an event that makes hope real for Australians in the fight against blood cancers.
The Snowdome Foundation imagined it was possible. On the wave of a successful, first-ever virtual event in 2013, we did it again in October, 2014 and are very proud and delighted to say that the ‘Great Shake-Up’ 2014 has raised over $500,000.
The Snowdome Foundation ‘Great Shake-Up’ live & interactive virtual event is designed to shake up the idea of fundraising and help ‘make hope real’ for Australian men, women & children who are living with blood cancer.
On Wednesday 15 October, the ‘Great Shake Up’ 2014 was web-streamed live to registrants across Australia.
Over 2,000 people tuned in to watch our hour-long program which was designed to inform, entertain and communicate the need for cures and new treatments for blood cancers. Thanks to the generosity of many, the program was filmed live from AFL Media’s studios and was hosted by Channel 7 sports broadcaster, Hamish McLachlan. Feature stories, medical information and heartfelt accounts from blood cancer patients and their loved ones were included. To watch the whole program, please click HERE.
If you would like to know more about the Snowdome Foundation and our efforts to help Australians with blood cancers live longer, better lives, please email us at in[email protected]
Thank you to everyone for bidding generously in our ‘Great Shake-Up’ 2014 Auction. The Auction has now closed and we are delighted to report that $54,500 was raised from the sale of:-
- Melbourne Sports Lovers Package – $13,900
- APT European River Cruise – $10,600
- Two weeks of Billboard Advertising – $18,000
- Sea World family holiday – $3,800
- Walk the Red Carpet – $4,000
- The MasterChef Experience – $4,200
- along with an additional $43,000 in donations to assist the funding of a Clinical Trial Nurse and a Research Scientist.
Thank you to all who purchased, made a bid or showed an interest in our Auction.
The ‘Great Shake-Up’ would not be possible without the help and assistance of many. Our committees of hard-working individuals all devote their time on a voluntary basis. Where possible we will try to secure services on a pro bono level. The end result ensures that a very high percentage of funds raised are directed immediately towards strategically important projects that will help improve the lives of Australians living with blood cancers.
We are ever so grateful to our ‘Great Shake-Up’ Ambassadors for their advocacy and support. They have all been either directly or indirectly affected by blood cancers and share an understanding of the need to raise the profile of these cancers to ensure urgent funds are channeled towards better treatments for Australian patients.
- Nina Aberdeen Lawyer
- Tim Fawcett General Manager, Government Affairs & Policy, CISCO
- Mem Kirby OAM Village Roadshow, Yabby Lake Vineyards & Peninsula Cinemas
- Gina McNamara Health Education Consultant
- John Valmorbida Director, Casama Group
- John Calvert-Jones Trustee, the Calvert-Jones Foundation
- Helen Gandel Philanthropist
- Ben Macdonald Masterchef Finalist 2014
- Luke Smorgon Director, b2cloud
- Carlo Vaccari Director, TMC Ltd
- Andrew Cody Director, The National Opal Collection
- Carolyn Jolson Philanthropist
- Mandy Mandie Philanthropist
- Lyn Swinburne AM Founder of Breast Cancer Network Australia
- Julia Zaetta Editor, Better Homes & Gardens
The 2014 ‘Great Shake-Up’ virtual fundraising event is made possible by a committee of generous, hard-working & passionate individuals who all want to make a difference in the fight against blood cancers.
- Nicky Long Chair, Event & Snowdome Board member
- Emily Arbuckle Marketing Communications Committee
- Jaime McCoy Marketing Communications Committee
- Luke Smorgon Technical/Content/Creative Committee
- Melissa Jones Marketing Communications Committee
- Tim Fawcett Technical/Content/Creative Committee
- Miriam Dexter CEO, Snowdome Foundation
- Amanda Jones Registration/Support Committee
- Gina McNamara Ambassador/Partners Committee
- Julie Raffe Corporate Promotions Committee
- Lyn Swinburne Corporate Promotions Committee
- Nina Aberdeen Ambassador/Partners Committee
- Tory Lane Corporate Promotions Committee
- Lou Johns Administrator, Snowdome Foundation
- Ann Morrison Marketing Communications Committee
- Helen Gandel Chair of Ambassadors/Partners Committee
- Karen McArthur General Commitee
- Mandy Mandie Corporate Promotions Committee
- Suzie Bratuskins Marketing Communications Committee
- Vanessa Cohen Marketing Communications Committee
Partners & Supporters
Major Event Partners
- Prof David Ashley Barwon Health and Deakin University
- A/Prof Gary Richardson Cabrini Hospital
- Dr Mark Dawson Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- A/Prof Jeremy Shapiro Alfred Hospital and Cabrini Hospital
- Dr Hang Quach St Vincent’s Hospital
- Dr Phillip Campbell Andrew Love Cancer Centre, Geelong
- Prof John Seymour Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Kate Burbury Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Dennis Carney Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Michael Dickinson Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre